Wednesday 4 December 2013

Visit To Corbett National park


A few days back I was in Rudrapur- ,an Industrial area in the Utarakhand state, for some work, where I decided to visit Jim Corbett a national park in the mountainous region of Uttrakhand, I am fond of travelling to unknown places and have visited lot of places in India, many times alone.
So this time also I was alone, full of energy and enthusiasm as I headed to visit the most famous Jungle in India. I boarded the Bus from Rudrapur to Haldwani , there are number of local buses that ply between these places ensuring good connectivity.

Small Bridge in-route to Haldwani.
 I soon reached Haldwani, It was already 2-1/2 hours since I started my journey , next I was to board the bus to Ramnagar, which could finally land me up near the park, So within half an hour I was there at Ramnagar, It was already 12:00 o'clock, but I could hardly feel the effect of Sun and the cool breeze was shaking my soul. It was a wonderful feeling to be away from work, to be away from everyone, just enjoying the company of nature.
For entering into the Jungle one needs to have the permit and the car (not car actually, but you need to have an open Jeep), I check with the authorities but all the permits were sold, I was shattered, moving here and there, enquiring people about the possibilities of getting passes to the Jungle, but all in vain , I soon was convinced that I have to return back.

As said if you desire something deeply, everything will fall in place for you and so did something happened , I met an agent who promised to get me into Jungle for Rs 1200.00/-, I was really happy at that moment and my desire was soon going to be reality.

Hired a  Jeep for Visiting Corbet

We were to go 11 Kms inside Jungle and as we proceeded the temperature in the Forest started dropping , there was tranquility in the area , the birds were chirping , we could see monkeys and Elephants moving in the area, as the forest is famous for its tiger. there are 270 tigers in the region and around 100 leopards. , so I asked the driver about can I get a sight of Tiger ,or whether they are generally visible in the area. he replied that sight of tiger is mere a chance and generally they remain in deeper part of Jungles , he also shared that as there no boundary between the jungle and the city so at times the tiger enters the city and kills the people. 2 month before a tiger has killed 7 women in Jungle who went for cutting the grass.

he also shared stories about bears and how the village women protect themselves from bear.I also heard stories about the "Ghosts" and "Maya".
The driver was very interesting person he mesmerized us by his stories, soon we entered the deeper part of the jungle. In the end part of the Jungle , The police post was there , with several policemen , who stays there to protect the animals from the poachers.

The whole experience was mesmerizing, and being in the lap of nature is entirely a different experience.
I am planning to take my family to Jim Corbett National Park sooner, and if you ever come to Utarakhand must visit that Place, as in the end it is our memories that only remains with us.
Bike of a student which broke down on the highway as I waited for my driver to come. 

A  Hotel along the roadside.
Map displaying the Area under Corbett Tiger Reserve

The Entrance  - " Durga Devi Gate"  to the Jungle. The jungle road is not made up of concrete.



Deeper part of jungle, as we move in our open jeep


A fresh termite nest on the grounds, Seems Termites are working hard.

Preparation of dinner by Jungle guards





A beautiful view from the deeper known part of Tiger reserve










  






I

No comments:

Post a Comment